Reptile UV Lighting Product News & Updates
January 7, 2016
December 25, 2010
2009 & Older
20% discount because of the New Year!
Just place the code 2016TkU at check out and receive the 20% discount on everything in your cart! We so much appreciative what all of loyal clients and new friends have done.
Reasons to buy direct from ReptileUV
We are the ones that developed this design to get the huge amount of sick animals that came our way because of poor UVB lighting and poor info when we were just independent researchers rescuers and rehabers.
We are the only distributor to do actual Lab tested D3 Blood studies with our bulbs. A first that has not been done before or after.
Almost 2 decades of membership with the ARAV (Association of Reptilian and Amphibian Veterinarians)
We have spent over $70,000 in vet care to our clients and our personal rehab work and donations to other rescues.
The easiest and least cost on replacement on warranties. (Just write us and you will get your replacements before we get your return)
Most important, we care about you and your keeps. We are and always have been a personal up front place to go for real advice on how to keep your family safe and healthy.
Please watch our videos and FAQ page before you call for your personal consultation.
Thank you from the ReptileUV Team!
- The Mega-Ray Heat Projector is back! First come, first served! Also the new R80 Mega-Ray mercury vapor 70 watt self-ballasted bulbs will be available in 2 weeks. The first true mini MV self-ballasted Mega-Ray for close distance, little heat, and great flood design, as with all Mega-Ray MV bulbs! See this product on our Face Book page!
It has been a long time since we up-dated our great customers and friends on the developments we have been working on for 2 and a half years. We have our inner Magnesium Oxide coating back on the inside of the bulbs as promised. We are still the only company in the world to put this effort into production.
Our big announcement is that we should have every past order finished and sent in the next 2-3 weeks (this is because of our new customer service manager, Cara, who has been a RUV customer and rescuer for 10 years).
All orders after that should have next day shipping. What made this possible is a new company that has people involved that have the same vision that ReptileUV has struggled to and maintained to keep; creating nothing less than the world's best reptile lighting.
Mega-Ray Pet Care Lighting LLC will be able to make this wonderful bulb available to the world through many different distributors. As all of our old friends know, we have always put the animals before profit. "We don't care what sells well, only what does well for your animals," and with this adventure, any verified wholesale distributor, pet store, museum, aquarium, zoo, breeder, or any verified rehab center will be able to order the Mega-Ray™ through Mega-Ray Pet Care Lighting.
Please have any one that is in this field contact Mega-Ray Pet Care Lighting LLC to be a distributor. Will this mean more competition for ReptileUV? Yes it will. But how many more animals will be serviced and cared for by this venture? This was only possible in my dreams over the past 10 years. The only involvement I personally have with this new company is that I am in total control of research and development so that the Mega-Ray™ name would never be a sell-out.
Please beware of any counterfeit Mega-Rays! Contact us if you are in doubt of any bulb that carries this name. I want to personally thank all of our loyal friends. I want to apologize to any one that did not get serviced like they should have during the "impossible times" from which only my determination (or insanity) survived. We will still care for anyone that felt they were mishandled. Thank you to all of our friends that care so much about the creatures in our keep and in our hearts!
Bob Mac, RUV
- As many may know, we are way behind in shipping due to the flu this spring. The Good news is that we have you all covered with the order we are receiving late next week, 5-23-2013. We understand that our friends and clients have been way patient with us, and maybe too patient, but everything we said would happen this year, will happen. We believe that we have replaced every Solar Raptor that went bad. Our books show a 1935 replacements so far which means that not only did we send out several Raptor replacements to our friends, we sent really good Mega-Ray style bulbs to replace all those as well. If we missed anyone, please let us know. This has taken a huge toll on us financially, emotionally, and physically, but to hear our friends say that our Mega-Ray is still the best by far, makes our hearts glad. Dr. Frances Baines posted very complementary remarks about the new bulbs she has tested for us. We will have everything from T5 HO florescent tubes and compacts, our original Heat Projector, the all new Mega-Ray mercury vapor (that is under testing right now as we speak), and the Metal Halide.
Dear friends, as you know, the Mega-Ray is a special bulb requiring very specific requirements. Because of this and the fact that each and every bulb is hand tested and altered to stay as consistent as possible, we are always running behind. We have refused shipments that have not been within our specifications and had to wait for replacements. Our factories have gotten wise enough to know that its pointless to ship what we will not sell.
Also because of the problems that were caused with the Black Box bulbs, we never order large quantities. Getting 2-3000 bad bulbs is just devastating and we are still trying to recoup from that disaster. Our most recent order was expected before the end of December. We have been testing new materials that will allow our bulbs to stay operational for as long as they produce UVB. This, our factory says has delayed the completion or our last order for 2 weeks. This moved the delivery of our order to our shipper to the 10th of January. We pay for air express with one of the world's best freight forwarders and generally we have delivery within 4-5 days. If anyone has a sick animal, as always, contact me over email or directly on my personal phone number listed on our contact page.
We thank you for your patience and we believe you will be extremely satisfied as we continue to maintain the best UVB-UVI ratio and UV longevity in the world.
- Due to Hurricane Sandy, there has been a delay in carriers accepting shipments from our facility. Packages are now finally being accepted. We appreciate your patience. Thank you.
- New bulbs in stock! New 75wt self-ballasted Mega-Ray narrow flood in testing now and will be available in 3 weeks. These are not just labeled 75wt like others do but are true 75wt bulbs with less heat! Also, the new Metal Halide is in stock and here to stay. We are selling these as a "Kit" with the bulb and ballast, but 70wt ballasts for MH bulbs can be purchased anywhere in the world! We are also testing 50wt (for small enclosures), 100wt, and 150wt metal halides that are soon to be available. Fixtures for your bulbs and Kits, along with LED 5000K tube lighting are coming soon.
- New 100 watt and 160 watt bulbs are in (high volt and 275 watt on their way). We are sorting, testing and adjusting them this weekend. Orders will be going out Monday the 5th. Thank you for your patience!
- Communication! Since last year, many people felt they got ignored as we struggled through the Solar Raptor problem. Everyone has our (my, Bob Mac's) personal apologies for being put through that. Simply put, our small company just physically could not keep up with the explosion of correspondence that resulted. Any of our long loyal customers know that we would spend hundreds of hours, 7 days a week, helping those that had sick animals or needed habitat suggestions. Last fall when my new bulbs had passed their 6 month tests and were released Debbie dug in to wade through the mail and care for those that needed it. We are still going through this process. As luck would have it, at the same time the new server we were switched to had a glitch that bounced emails back to those contacting us. Both the mail problem and the ability to answer them have been resolved and we pledge to answer all emails through the contact us page within 24-48 business hours. If anyone knows of people that have been frustrated by a lack of response or problems with the Solar Raptor bulbs that were not addressed, or orders that got dropped, please tell them to contact us now via our site.
Many loyal customers are calling and asking us to put products on a pre-sale list with their credit cards to be sure they can get our new bulbs when they come in without waiting for the purchase option to be available. To be fair to all we have decided to make certain products available for pre-sale purchasing. Please understand that the order will not be here before 2/18/2012. Our stock order was placed and paid for in December of 2011 but because of the New Year holiday it was not completed before the close of our factory. If you decide to order, you will be first on the shipping list. As always, we very much appreciate that our friends demand only the best for their creatures or rather their family, as we do.
- 220 Volt SB 100 and 160 Watt bulbs are in stock!
- New shipment is in the air! Should be here this weekend (12/9)!
- SB 100, SB 100 Low, SB 160 & SB 275 Watt 120 Volt bulbs are sold out. We should acquire more stock in 2 - 3 weeks.
- Our SB 100, SB 100 Low, & SB 160 Watt 120 Volt bulbs are back in stock & available for order.
- ReptileUV is moving to a new facility to better serve our friends and clients. Business will resume on Monday Nov 7th. With this move will be a renewed service by Bob and Debbie Mac personally. Your requests will be cared for at a much quicker pace as was in the beginning. All bulbs will be "adjusted" to our required specifications. We will also have the ability to send out "requested higher UVB" bulbs as we did in our original designs. Thank you again for your patience and loyalty!
Please do not return bad Solar Raptor Lamps to ReptileUV
Will ReptileUV ever crawl its way out of the Raptor mess?
Dearest ReptileUV Customers,
We have recently encountered a problem with the longevity with a small batch of our new 100w bulbs. Until we can sort these out, there will be a temporary hold. Although, we are also expecting a new shipment in 2-3 weeks! All replacements and new orders are set to be filled the week of the day that our shipment reaches us. We will be here in the meantime to answer any questions you may have. Also all of our other products are still for sale. Check ReptileUV.com often to keep updated on the Sent date of these bulbs, to when they are delivered, and to when they start getting shipped out! Once again we deeply apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you, and feel free to email us if you have any questions or concerns!
As always, we will only supply the world's finest and safest products for your animals.
The ReptileUV Staff
Any customers having a problem reaching us through email Please have patience. We have just discovered that our server has been filtering out some of our Contact Forms, and we have just recently recovered ALL of them. We apologize for this inconvenience and ask that everyone please be patient as we work through this. All emails should be replied to by the end of this week! Thank you all for you patience and apologize for this inconvenience.
New Raptor/Mega-Ray in stock! Shipping as fast as posible. This represents 1.5 years of huge financial expence and work. Our German Partner and ReptileUV are working on expanding our line of lighting and heating specific products. Our UK partner, Mega-RayUK, is also shipping. My personal promise, as always, is that there is not a safer lamp to use over your loved ones. And now they have pretty boxes to boot!
I want to thank all those that have had the confidence in our comitment to always put the animals first!
RUV Reasearch Inc.
December 25, 2010
- We have been hand testing and shipping on mass almost 1000 bulbs now have gone out and we are almost caught up with all back orders, replacements and new orders. We won't rest until everyone's animals are warm and safe under their Mega Ray bulbs! We are working to bring in another 3000+ bulbs soon, we have almost recovered from our $250,000 loss we took this year when we refused to sell dangerous bulbs to our family of customers. It's still a work in progress but we are on track for HUGE IMPROVEMENTS that are coming next year! Happy Holidays to all, we appreciate everyone's understanding and working with us during this most difficult year to our reptiles healthy!
- The 1500 bulbs are through customs and we are testing and shipping today! All orders will be filled as fast as possible.
- The 1500 bulbs are in! going through customs now we'll be testing and shipping this week and through the weekend until all orders are taken care of.
Bulbs are ready and on their way to us! We'll have 1500 bulbs in by the end of next week all orders will be filled shortly there after. We'll be testing and shipping 24/7 till all orders are taken care of!
Next month we'll start to be supplied by our 2nd manufacturer then we'll have unlimited bulbs and new products coming soon after.
- We have 1500 bulbs coming in of every wattage due by the end of the month or BEFORE. We will post again when the bulbs arrive! One of our phone lines went down due to technical problems and with the cold weather coming in we got a rush of calls and orders in the last 2 weeks, call backs are almost caught up and our phone lines fixed.
- Partial Second order of 100wt and 160wt bulbs received from new factory. Shipping back orders and "returns" has begun!
- After months of pounding on our factories to give me what I originally designed, bulbs are on their way! Our new commitment is to never be out of stock again (providing of course that the stock is the world's best and safest lighting).
- Reptile UV's new PRO-BIO + Enzymes and Vitamin B Complex for reptiles, avian, and amphibians!
- New and Improved Mega-Ray® bulbs available soon!
- We are fulfilling backorders this week and shipping our 60 watt EB kits and replacement bulbs. This does not include shipping of new orders at this time.
- 100w SB Low 120v Bulbs are on back-order.
- All European High Voltage Bulbs are on back-order.
- 100w SB 120v Bulbs are on back-order.
- 100w & 160w SB 120v Bulbs are now in-stock.
2009 & Older
- There was a manufacturer's price increase on the Ultraviolet Index Meter (UVI 6.5 Meter).
- Our 60 Watt Heat Projectors are now in-stock.
- After working diligently for the last year Reptile UV is proud to announce a new ballast design. It is now in stock. The new ballast design will also allow our European customers to now use the famous Mega-Ray® EB Kit on 220-240 voltage.