Solartech Solarmeter UVB Meter Model 6.2
Product Code # 682
NO INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING!Solartech's Solarmeter model 6.2 is the most accurate hand held ultraviolet radiometer (UVB meter) on the market. And although it's a 'broad band' meter, meaning it is measuring the complete UVB range (280 nanometers to 320 nanometers) it's peak sensitivity is at 295nm. This is the prime wavelength of UVB needed to induce Vitamin D3 synthesis, making the 6.2 meter the perfect instrument to use to check your UVB reptile lamps.
Far too many reptile lamps sold today either emit very little UVB or (even worse) in some cases such as some inexpensive Chinese lamps flooding the market, they emit dangerous amounts of UVB. The use of this essential reptile tool will eliminate any worry or danger to you or your reptile from either.
- LCD Readout
- Monitoring Lamp UVB Intensity & Ageing
- Transmission of UVB through Acrylic and Glass
- Eyewear UV block comparison
Solarmeter Manufacturer's Specifications
Radiometer Model SM 6.2
- Irrad. Range 0-1999 uW/cm2 Total UV
- Response 280-320 nm
- Resolution 1 uW/cm2
- Conv. Rate 3.0 Readings/Sec
- Display 3.5 Digit LCD
- Digit Size 0.4 inch high
- Oper.Temp 32o F TO120o F
- Oper. Humid. 5% TO 90% RH
- Accuracy +-10% REF.NIST (NBS)
- Dimensions (in.) 4.2L x 2.4W x 0.9D
- Weight 4.5 OZ. (incl. batt.)
- Power Source 9-Volt DC Battery
- Lens UV Glass
- Diffuser Virgin Teflon .005
- Sensor Silicon Carbide (SIC) Photodiode packaged in hermetically sealed UV glass window cap.
- Interference filter coating (Metal Oxide) blocks most UVA from response.
OperationPress and hold push-button switch on face of unit. Aim sensor window in top panel of meter directly at UV source. Note reading on LCD and record if desired.
Uses standard 9v DC battery. Battery operating range is 9.0 to 6.5 volts. Meter remains accurate until battery power is so low that LCD display fades. With average daily use, the battery may last 2 years.
More information on how to Use a UVB Meter